Old 29-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Kenni Judd

Terminology issue: This is one we deal with all the time -- newbies tell me
their plant "died" or "went dormant" because the flowers fell off ... Thanks
to all of you for explaining, this time! Kenni

"Ben Tuinman" wrote in message
news
I am new to orchids, but getting hooked fast....! Our orchid (phalaenopsis)
is in fine shape with an abundance of blooms. However, when these blooms
wilt, will the plant go into dormancy ? For how long ?
It has been suggested that we cut the plant in half. Is this true, and if
so, how do I
cut ours since it has a side branch ? I have taken two pictures which may
be
seen at http://album.freeprohost.com

Thanks !