Old 29-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Kay

In article , Miss
Perspicacia Tick writes
Klara wrote:
My daughter says she has black spots on her chili and aubergine
plants. Is this the same sort of thing as potato blight? What can she
do about it - preferably organically? (Being very allergic to
aubergines, I have no experience with growing them.)

thanks...

As you've no responses thus far, I thought I might hazard a guess. Chillies
are capsicums (capsica?) and, as you have correctly guessed, aubergines
belong to the same family as the potato (solarnum

solanum

- commonly known as the
deadly nightshade family, which also includes the tomato). Therefore, unless
someone corrects me, I would assume that the blotches do not share a common
cause.

Except, of course, that capsicums are also in Solanaceae

--
Kay