Old 29-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Kay

In article , Ceri Davies
writes
While it occurred to me that I could simply ask here about every plant I
see and don't recognise, I realise that everyone's time would be better
spent if I went out and bought a book or two on the subject instead.

Therefore, I'd like to solicit recommendations on books to purchase on
the subject of identification. I'm mainly interested in weeds really,
and am a botanical novice (though am not averse to reading fat books).

Guide to Wild Flowers of Britain and Northern Europe, Fitter, Fitter and
Blamey.

Whatever you choose, make sure that the plants are listed according to
their families, and not by colour, season of flowering, or some other
whim of the author. That way, you will soon develop the ability to look
at a flower you have never seen before, and have a pretty good idea of
what family it is in, and that will make life immensely easier.

--
Kay