Old 29-05-2005, 08:18 PM
spakker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
japonicas -3 for a tenner-they had trolley loads.

Yebbut.....fatsia japonica grows into a BIG hardy shrub with
evergreen leaves the size of a dinner plate. Nothing much survives
underneath one. What sort of garden can accommodate 11 of them? (or 3,
Janet

I have a yard in which the kitchen window looks out onto a two story-35 ft.
long brick wall -boundry is east-west with me on the north side-then we have
50 yds. garden with 6 ft.lap fencing- even the lawn won't grow-but the
fatsias thrive-I've got 9 in dustbin sized pots and its great to have the
tropical look in our back-yard. You can cut them down-but I don't know if I
ever will bring myself to do it.