Old 29-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Theo Markettos

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
For now, any general purpose liquid feed will do: mix it as per the
instructions on the container, and give each crown at least two gallons
of it, distributed *ROUND* it. Repeat a couple more times during the
year.

Aha, thanks.

Stop feeding with this sort of stuff around January. I generally
continue to give mine the washing-up water, especially if it's a bit
soupy. (Never put water containing washing powders such as Ariel,
Persil, Daz etc - they contain borax.)

I've wondered about that - whether it was a particularly good idea to put
(dilute) washing up liquid on veg. I suppose I could switch back to the
Ecover harms-nothing-including-dirt brand. Though now I've done a bit of
research it seems they don't have significant toxicity:
http://www.medtox.org/info/pdq/npisv1i3.pdf (surprisingly, the National
Poisons Information Service newsletters are quite an interesting read in
general)

But presumably the phosphate in the liquid act as fertiliser from the
rhubarb :-)

Theo