Old 29-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Kay wrote:
In article , Miss
Perspicacia Tick writes
Klara wrote:
My daughter says she has black spots on her chili and aubergine
plants. Is this the same sort of thing as potato blight? What can
she do about it - preferably organically? (Being very allergic to
aubergines, I have no experience with growing them.)

thanks...

As you've no responses thus far, I thought I might hazard a guess.
Chillies are capsicums (capsica?) and, as you have correctly
guessed, aubergines belong to the same family as the potato (solarnum

solanum

It was a typo (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;o))

- commonly known as the
deadly nightshade family, which also includes the tomato).
Therefore, unless someone corrects me, I would assume that the
blotches do not share a common cause.

Except, of course, that capsicums are also in Solanaceae

Damn you, Kay, you weren't supposed to spot the deliberate mistake! ;o) I
did sort of know that, but wasn't sure - looks like it's universal then.

Sarah