Old 30-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Bonnie NJ

Glad you caught it early. I hate to leave the pond in the summer time - it
always make me nervous.
This year our start up was a little behind schedule - DH had a triple bypass
and the pond was put on the back burner.
Now he is healing and the pond is going well. DH has a job of protecting
the pond from nasty herons ;-) - he's doing a great job so far!

--
Bonnie
NJ
"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
. ..
The other night, Phyllis and I came back to find the pond down by
4"...out of 24". The loss was at a rate of 1/2" per hour...that is
about 50 gallons in our pond.

Needless to say, we shut down the pump and the berm ponds and waited to
see what drained. Nothing did! We kicked things in one at a time...no
apparent loss on the berm. Ultimately, we found a bunch of waste in the
stream under our deck. The water was not leaking out of the pond. It
was overflowing the stream behind the dam. That gave us the sudden
water loss.

We have done some learning he
check the streams regularly
the basic system is nicely whole and without leaks

It would be scary to have that happen when we are on vacation...indeed,
lethal.

Jim