Old 30-05-2005, 08:00 PM
axemanchris

A very fat, bloated fish could have dropsy, which is not a parasite, but a
symptom of bacterial infections. What sort of water quality does your pond
have?

Jacqui

"mack" wrote in message
I have heard of a parasite which makes the fish appear very fat to attract

bird to take it - I think one of my gold fish has this parasite. Please

tell
me (a) Is this true? (b) Is there a cure? (c) What is the best thing to

do?
I live in the UK. A Heron has cleared my pond out and I am left with just

5
gold fish, including the fat one, I have placed 2 decoy heron around the
pond. Should I cut my loses and clear the pond to start afresh. Help

and/or
advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Mack