Old 30-05-2005, 07:05 PM
mack

Default Fish swells up

I have heard of a parasite which makes the fish appear very fat to attract a
bird to take it - I think one of my gold fish has this parasite. Please tell
me (a) Is this true? (b) Is there a cure? (c) What is the best thing to do?
I live in the UK. A Heron has cleared my pond out and I am left with just 5
gold fish, including the fat one, I have placed 2 decoy heron around the
pond. Should I cut my loses and clear the pond to start afresh. Help and/or
advice would be most appreciated.
Cheers
Mack

Old 30-05-2005, 08:00 PM
axemanchris

A very fat, bloated fish could have dropsy, which is not a parasite, but a
symptom of bacterial infections. What sort of water quality does your pond
have?

Jacqui

Fish swells up mack Ponds 8 31-05-2005 02:21 PM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 01:06 AM
Algae free fish tank vs Algae fish tank -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 23-10-2003 03:03 AM
Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours. [email protected] Ponds 99 20-08-2003 08:02 AM
SOS! SICK FISH!/do all dead fish float?/Melafix?/Furanase Jo Bohannon-Grant MD Ponds 3 10-06-2003 04:08 AM