Old 30-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Klara

In message , Warwick
writes
I wonder whether in the case of just a few pots (she has now found
similar spots on a tomato plant) the answer this early in the summer is
to throw everything away, scrub the pots, and start over?

I'd hang on. My Chillisand bell peppers have black spots all over the
stems and I was worried about it when it happened the first year. They
don't die and they fruit fine. I've never grown aubergine so can't
comment.

...And then most things develop what looks like blight, everything else
is covered in greenfly...

Smudge the greenfly off with a finger and give them a blitz with
lightly soaped water.

Thanks, that's promising about the chillis; I suppose if they're not
going to survive they'll just collapse soon, otherwise it's ok...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin