Old 31-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider
I've always just cut mine back *rather firmly*! They've always resprouted
well. If this sounds too drastic, just cut out a third of the older wood,
repeating each year until you've rejuvenated the whole bush. After pruning,
remember to feed and water well.
thanks spider just back off holiday and when u say rather firmly, do u mean cut to the lowest stem with leaves on (as on some woody stems this is more than half way up the branch), or a few inches from the ground? will cutting it right down just stimulate it to grow from base?

also excusing my igorance is bonemeal a high potash fertiliser as i gave it some back in April. is it best to feed it that again or something else