Old 31-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Draven

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
spakker wrote:
I've done a groups search but you won't believe how useless it is

Try
it yourself
"spakker" wrote in message
Are any budget shredders upto the job as claimed? Any
recommendations for a reasonably priced shredder?Tia.

I tried, maybe using a different method, and got the following:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...6ffbd 79f4a85

Don't know if that's the same one you got. There seems to be some
good advice the I don't use them myself, but I reckon second-hand
is a good idea, as many people seem to buy them because they think
you have to for some reason (you don't, of course), and then quietly
get rid of them a few years later, barely used.

For more threads, try: Advanced groups search, uk.rec.gardening
in "from the group" box, shredder in the "where the subject-line
contains" box. (For some Googly reason I couldn't paste the URL:
sorry.)

What does the shredder have to do for its living?

--
Mike.

I bought one off of my mate. It's good if you have a lot of stuff to feed
it.
The sharpness of the blades is the most important factor.

Only downside is that it can be quite noisy and will quickly ruin the
neighbours Sunday afternoon relaxation.