Old 31-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:56:05 -0500, Katra
wrote:
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
On 30 May 2005 19:31:25 -0700, "BenGman" wrote:

I have a number of cherry tomatoes on my plant, and they are very good
sized. They are about 2" in diameter each. However, they aren't even
starting to turn red, their still all green. I don't think cherry
tomatoes get much bigger than mine, so how big must they get before
they will ripen?

Patience is a virtue, especially for a gardener.

lol That's exactly what I was going to say....

Well, we probably all could use that reminder sometimes.

Don't worry, they will turn red when they are ready! :-)

My sister, who is new to gardening, was asking my mother and me this
past weekend what supplement she had to add to get her tomatoes to
turn. My mother has had one ripe tomato and is about to have another,
and it's driving my sister crazy. I tried to explain about
microclimates, and that mother's tomato plants are tucked up next to a
brick wall where what little warmth we've had this spring was
reflected back to the plants, but I don't think that was the answer
she was looking for.

Penelope, who has lots of green tomatoes right now, too.