Old 31-05-2005, 06:30 PM
zxcvbob

Default First harvest from the garden

I thinned half the row of Tyfon greens yesterday. Tyfon is a hybrid
cross between a turnip and chinese cabbage. I've never grown it before.
The thinned plants should get huge, like swiss chard or bigger.

I trimmed off and discarded the roots (not much of a root to it at all),
rinsed a couple of times, chopped and cooked them in a covered put with
a bit of water and salt. They taste like turnip greens -- which I don't
really like -- but they are milder. I ate a few bites and I put the
rest in the fridge to eat later, sprinkled with some pickled pepper juice.

It felt good to harvest something, especially after the cold, wet, and
late spring we've had up here.

Best regards,
Bob