Old 31-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Chris Hogg

On Sat, 28 May 2005 10:51:08 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Kay wrote:

Think about how you are going to cut the grass against the edging - a
lawn mower won't cut that close.

No, but one can finish off with a strimmer.

I always start off with a strimmer. That way the mower picks up the
bits.

I've edged all my grass with featherboarding, as used for fences and
bought from B&Q. Cut a slit along the edge of the grass with a
half-moon or sharp spade, and whack in the boarding narrow edge down
using a rubber mallet. You can even bend it slightly on the curves. A
pack of ten boards goes a surprisingly long way, and has to be cheaper
than concrete scallop edging, even at B&Q prices, and it's
weatherproof.

--
Chris