Old 31-05-2005, 10:15 PM
John D. Goulden

Default pond newbie - pond in the shade?

alt.garden.pond.chat is the only pond group I can find my news server, so
I'm going to xpost this to alt.garden.pond.chat and my usual "home" group
rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish hoping to get some good advice from both
places...

Our lovely new home has a 5 x 8 nook in the back that just begs for a pond,
and we want to put in a nice little garden pond (say, 120 US gallons or so)
and possibly move some of our indoor goldfish into it. The main problem that
we see is that most of that area is in perpetual shade. In fact, one reason
we want to put a pond there is that even shade-tolerant grass won't grow in
that shady nook

(1) Is such a pond doomed from the start?

(2) If not, what garden pond plants will survive with only indirect light?

Thanks

--
John Goulden