Old 01-06-2005, 12:29 AM
J Fortuna

Default phal violacea blooming cycle?

I was wondering how long phal violacea flower can be expected to bloom? The
reason why I am asking is because my phal violacea is wilting after only one
week of blooming. :-( This is the second time that it is in bloom. The first
time it wilted after about 1 week of blooming as well, but I had assumed
that this was because the plant was not healthy then (it had almost no roots
then). But this time the plant has grown healthy roots, and in general I
thought that it's a fairly healthy happy plant, except that it's once again
wilting its flower after a week. It's got more buds on the same spike I
think, so the flowering season is hopefully not over for it, but still.
Could this be normal? If not, what should I look for as possible causes of
premature wilting.

Thanks,
Joanna