Old 01-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Stephen Howard

On Tue, 31 May 2005 21:38:07 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

Whatever the hell it is I don't know but it's enough to make your eyes water
at 20 paces!
..A few weeks ago I mentioned on here that I had a bin full of nettle tops,
along with roots, some bindweed and a few horsetails and someone advised
making a foliar feed by covering with water and letting nature take it's
course - it's been quite hot here and the thing stinks to high heaven, it
has a crust of flies on top about an inch thick and it's bubbling away like
a witches cauldron...my guess is that it's 'done'?

Who mentioned it and what am I to do with it? - I've watered a bit of it on
my tomatoes but not on the leaves, just onto the soil around them as I'm
sure I read that it needs to be diluted?

Also, there appears to be an enormous amount of tiny white flies hanging
around it, these look like whitefly to me, am I going to make things
worse? - my chillis are struggling with aphids as it is...

I made some of that stuff...once!

You should water it down until the solution is a pale straw colour,
after which you can safely apply it to the leaves as a foliar feed.

A stronger solution can be used to water the roots.

It's one hell of a niff isn't it!!

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk