Old 01-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Brent Walston

Kits

Drystall is actually pumice. I used it for awhile and didn't like it
much. I prefer more porous stone like the cinder type lava rock. I think
that is what Blake is looking for. Roofing companies sometimes have it
for stone covering of flat roofs.

Brent
EvergreenGardenworks.com

Kitsune Miko wrote:

There is a product called "Drystall" that is used to
keep horse stalls dry. It needs a lot of sifting, but
is usually available in feed stores.

Kits

--- Blake Wilkins wrote:

Could anyone (particularly those in the Hosuton, TX
area) have any ideas
where to find crushed lava for use in potting mixes.
I've checked most of
the horticultural and stone/gravel/sand supply
places around town and no one
has any idea. I can find large decorative chunks -
do I just have to crush
it myself? YIKES!

Thanks!
Blake in Houston