Old 01-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Phil L
writes

Who mentioned it and what am I to do with it? - I've watered a bit of it on
my tomatoes but not on the leaves, just onto the soil around them as I'm
sure I read that it needs to be diluted?

Yes, it seems as though you have too high a proportion of nettle leaves
to water. It can be diluted quite safely. We have been using nettle
infusion for many years both as an organic plant feed and as an insect
repellent, and it works very successfully for us. It does have a
characteristic 'farmyardy' odour, but that is very short lived and it is
an indication of the strength of the infusion. Fuller details of how to
make and use nettle infusion can be found in the urg FAQ [which I wrote]
at: http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/nettle.html
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.