Old 01-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Gail Futoran

"JimS." wrote
[snip]
Gail-- the comments on Helpmefind.com say that Dr. Huey is terrible for
powdery mildew. How has your Dr. Huey been for disease? Mine is planted
right next to a trellis with 3 Climbing Blazes closely planted together.
I'm wondering if maybe I might want to dig it up, if it turns out to be
Huey...? I don't want it to be ruining my other roses if it's a disease
magnet...?

JimS.
Seattle

Hi Jim - I've noticed no problems of any kind with
my Dr. Huey but out of about 150 roses of all kinds
in my garden, I've only seen powdery mildew on one
rose, and not every year. The only common disease I
get regularly is blackspot, and I ignore that because it
doesn't seem to bother anything. I.e., the
environmental conditions around here seem to be
quite good for roses.

Gail