Old 01-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Hal

On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:34:02 -0400, "Glenn S."
wrote:

On Monday evening, we had a decent rainstorm that popped the circuits on the
GFI breaker to the pond. Unbeknownst to me, this caused a reverse siphon of
water from the upper pond (100 gallons), through the UV, to the lower pond
(220 gallons). The lower pond overflowed and when I noticed it, the upper
pond was about 2 inches shy of being full. As is normal for me, I grabbed
the house and filled the ponds.

I am sorry for your loss, but may I suggest you drill a hole (I use
5/32" on a 1 1/2" tube.) in the tube above the waterline of the lower
pond. Place the hole so the water still shoots into the lower pond,
but will allow air to break the siphon if the pump stops.

Regards,

Hal