Old 01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Koi4Me

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Doug Quarnstrom wrote:

Does anybody here know if foxes and coyotes will fish for koi?

I would have thought foxes, probably, but not coyotes. However:
http://tinyurl.com/9gvhf and http://tinyurl.com/9468t say coyotes will eat
fish. Google shows plenty of references to fish in fox diets.

Foxes are probably more likely to be around home ponds, but if you're

rural
or close to any decent sized green space, coyotes can't be ruled out.
--
derek

I live in the boondocks since 1979 and find the coyotes are shy and more
fearful than the fox. Fox can be pretty bold especially if you have
poultry. We see more fox than coyotes. Since new homes have been built in
this area, along my road, I don't see coyotes anymore.

Maybe because of our dogs they stayed away from the ponds.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.