Old 02-06-2005, 06:14 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

bunches of Elodia Crispa (Goldfish Weed)

If you used any sort of algae killer, it would have affected the Elodia
also.

They're _not_ a good sign. If you had them last year, then it's no surprise
they're still there, but bloodworms (assuming yours are the same as mine -
not guaranteed) tolerate very poor, nearly anoxic (lacking oxygen)
conditions.

Was just reading something on this (as I catch up on all my back issues of
WG) blood worms are good. Tuberflex worms though prefer polluted
conditions, that is why I've heard it recommended not to feed those dried
or otherwise, to one's fish. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~