Old 02-06-2005, 08:03 PM
San Diego Joe

"Dsybok" wrote:

Oh so no machine gunning then. Too bad.

My main concern about the Scarecrow is the water supply. Does it take a
standard garden hose? and if so, I will have to leave my hose on all the
time? Could I just use a modified 5 gallon bucket with hose outlet gravity
fed or does the line have to be pressurized. I dont figure it to go off much
, I could top off the bucket when needed.

Anyone with practical experience on either the Scarecrow or the electric
fences, chime in please. I am probably going to get a Heron decoy at the LFS
today as a first step.

It has to be pressurized. Do NOT use a standard garden hose. I have a water
supply near my scarecrow and used a washing machine hose. If you do need to
use a hose, turn the volume down far enough that the scarecrow can "recycle"
between bursts but doesn't apply too much pressure on the hose.

The problem with a Heron decoy, is that Herons get used to it and ignore it.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.

"We need to make a sacrifice to the pond gods, find me a young virgin... oh,
and bring something to kill"