Old 30-09-2002, 12:03 AM
ned

Default Hawthorne

Drakanthus wrote:
Anyone know how to propagate from seed?
I've tried several times over the last few years from ripe berries
picked from hedgerows and I've never had a single seedling come up!
Self-set hawthorne seem to crop up where birds roost (or poo) - is
this a clue? I'm beginning to suspect there may be another element
needed - such as the berries passing through a bird first?
How are they propagated commercially?

At a guess, I'd say they are propagated from cuttings. I tried it last
year from hedge trimmings quite successfully.

--
ned

---