Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Dick Adams

Spike wrote:
I had about a dozen trees taken out a few years ago for a pool area.
Stumps were ground and planted grass. I recently had a couple other
trees taken out, but prefer not to have a machine back in that area
again. I have two stumps that are flush with the ground.

Anyone ever do anything useful with a tree stump? Stick a lawn
ornament or something on top? Any ideas how to decorate the area
until the stump rots?

Crazy thought, but I know there are creative minds out here.

I dislike grinding stumps because as the roots rot out the area
above them drops.

But you made a decision. My advice to you is to get a 2" wood drill
bit and drill several holes into the stump as deep as you can. Soak
the stumps with water, pack the holes with rock salt, and tie ground
cover over the stumps. For decorative purposes, put chairs over the
stumps.

I made my teenaged son dig them out.

Dick