Old 03-06-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Banana tree fruit pods

Please Help!
One of my banana plants bloomed the other day. My problem is that the
pod, which is purple in color is not all complete. This has happened
several years now. Five or six leaves, one at a time, 1 leaf per day,
would open. There would be 8-10 baby bananas under each leaf. After
the sixth leaf, the bananas appeared to be under-developed and
all-flower form, and would fall off the pod.
That has been the course of the whole bottom of the pod, so I only got
around 50 bananas off the bloom.
Less than half the pod developed. I find this a shame. What can I do
in order for the rest of the pod to develop. Weather conditions
haven't changed. I live in central Florida, so the plants get plenty
of water. The plants are located on the north and east side of the
house. The plant that is blooming is on the east side.
Any help would be appreciated.

Wanda