Old 30-09-2002, 02:20 AM
Steve Harris

Default Removing Council Owned Trees?

In article ,
(David J Clarke) wrote:

Dont be so sure. I think its called 'Topping and lopping' and
requires permission from (surprise) the local authority to do it
(since the great storm, any broadleaf tree must be respected and
nurtured. I think it has more rights than a refugee).

The relevant legislation was passed some years after the storm. The
species of tree or the narrowness of the leaves are irrelevant. If the
tree is in a conservation area and above a certain size, you have to
give the Council 6 weeks *notice* of your intention. They then either
slap a TPO on the tree or not.