Old 03-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

Summer is almost on us (though it looks as though a frost is possible on
Monday) and if the forecasters are correct then it will be long and hot.
So what waste water is or is not acceptable to the garden? Will
soap, detergent, washing powder biological/non-biological, bath and
shower products render it useless? Any advice welcomed, by me and
perhaps many others.

Someone hasn't been paying attention at the back, innit.

Water from most things is acceptable, but don't use water that has had
clothes-washing detergent in it (often contains borax), and I'd avoid
dishwasher elephant.

I use washing-up water on the rhubarb and bathwater on the grape vine.
Oh, and rainwater on my peat-bog-in-a-planter, mainly for the benefit of
the bog myrtle.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/