Old 03-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Steve

"Dave Mitton" wrote in message
Ann wrote:

expounded:

Belt sander or angle grinder is way quicker.

Ture, if you have one. I've got a dremel, so I use it.

I have a Dremel too, but I prefer to buy a grinder "bit" for my full sized
AC
power drill and use that instead. The amount of grinding I have to do
on my
mower blades would take too long with a Dremel. I also precede the
process
with a wire brushing to remove all caked on grass and rust.

Dave.

Thanks for the info, I just saw that Dremel had a "lawn mower blade
sharpner" attachment that made it look like a piece of cake. The attachment
really is just a slot guide for a lawn mower blade to slip in with the
dremel head in the middle. It seemed like a quick and easy sharpening if it
worked well and didn't take forever. I come from a family where dad used to
break out the water stones, grinders, etc for perfection in sharpening
because he enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I didn't get those mechanical
abilities so I need something foolproof