Old 02-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Steve

Default LawnMower Blade

Has anyone used a Dremel tool and their lawn mower blade sharpener
attachment to sharpen their lawn mower blade? According to the product, it
seems too good and easy to be true, so wondering if anyone has done it and
what the results were.

Old 02-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Frank Logullo

"Steve" wrote in message
Has anyone used a Dremel tool and their lawn mower blade sharpener
attachment to sharpen their lawn mower blade? According to the product, it
seems too good and easy to be true, so wondering if anyone has done it and
what the results were.

I use Dremel tool but not with any special sharpener. Works fine.
Frank

Old 02-06-2005, 03:56 PM

Belt sander or angle grinder is way quicker.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:26 AM
Dave Mitton

Ann wrote:

expounded:

Belt sander or angle grinder is way quicker.

Ture, if you have one. I've got a dremel, so I use it.

I have a Dremel too, but I prefer to buy a grinder "bit" for my full sized AC
power drill and use that instead. The amount of grinding I have to do on my
mower blades would take too long with a Dremel. I also precede the process
with a wire brushing to remove all caked on grass and rust.

Dave.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Steve

"Dave Mitton" wrote in message
Ann wrote:

expounded:

Belt sander or angle grinder is way quicker.

Ture, if you have one. I've got a dremel, so I use it.

I have a Dremel too, but I prefer to buy a grinder "bit" for my full sized
AC
power drill and use that instead. The amount of grinding I have to do
on my
mower blades would take too long with a Dremel. I also precede the
process
with a wire brushing to remove all caked on grass and rust.

Dave.

Thanks for the info, I just saw that Dremel had a "lawn mower blade
sharpner" attachment that made it look like a piece of cake. The attachment
really is just a slot guide for a lawn mower blade to slip in with the
dremel head in the middle. It seemed like a quick and easy sharpening if it
worked well and didn't take forever. I come from a family where dad used to
break out the water stones, grinders, etc for perfection in sharpening
because he enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I didn't get those mechanical
abilities so I need something foolproof