Old 04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Michael Persiano

In a message dated 6/3/2005 8:45:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Is this a symptom of over water/ under water or a fungus of some sort. I
have a pick in the soil and test for dampness. We had a long period of rain
and it is now just drying out after about a week. The plant gets 1 1/2
hours of direct sun (1:30 to 3pm) with 1/8 dappled sun before and shade
after. The soil is course and well draining, but it takes quite a while for
it to dry. The pot is 14"x10"x2".

I have just given it a very good watering letting the water run through the
soil for 3-4 minutes.

Any ideas to get the tree back in shape?

Gordon:

It appears to be the result of excess watering. When you removed the tree
from the pot, I presume that you checked for root rot.

Suggestions:

1. Use a fast-draining soil.
2. Use a chopstick to determine water content in the soil.
3. If you see black spot develop on the leaves, treat for Black Spot Fungus.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: