Old 16-10-2002, 05:56 AM
kdupar

Default Trip to USA

IMHO, the real must-sees are the menus of the restaurants in SF.
I've never had a bad meal in SF, and most have been really good,
even from insignificant little holes in the wall with very
limited menus.

To hell with gardens, bring on the food!

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Especially if you can find one of the Good Earth chain of restaurants,
my absolute favourite. It was always our first eating stop when
visiting our daughter during her Stanford days (that particular one is
on University Avenue in Palo Alto, but the first one we ever visited
was in L.A.). When she moved on to Berkeley for graduate school, she
took us to a fantastic "all you can eat", cafeteria-style, healthy
eating restaurant (again, part of a small chain in the Bay area) whose
name escapes me. It was something like Fresh Fields (but that is the
name of the organic/wholefood supermarket near her current home in
Washington, D.C.). I wish we had those restaurants and markets here in
Scotland!

Kristina
www.black-isle.info/orchard