Old 16-10-2002, 10:48 AM
Charlieb

Default electric shock from my strimmer

Thanks Richard, that is highly likely as I was using it in the driving rain!
Service also sounds like a good idea, though it was sold to me by someone
who repairs/reconditions them and sells them on - unfortunately I have moved
to another part of the country since then.

Charlie

"richard smith" wrote in message
"Charlieb" wrote in

message
Hi everyone

Well I bought a second hand petrol kawasaki brushcutter/strimmer this

summer
and it was being a bit temperamental yesterday.

While it was still running i tried to make sure the spark plug cap was
securely on and, you guessed it, I got a nice electric shock! Ouch

Anyway I wondered if this was a problem with the machine or whether it

was
simply a very stupid part to go near whilst running.

I carried on cutting and then I started to get small electric shocks
through the right hand rubber handle (on the bull bar things), and I can
only assume it was on that side because the engine cutoff swithch (and
therefore electrics) is on that side.

Conclusion - there is clearly something wrong/shorting/etc but I have no
idea how the electrics/mechanics of these machines work (though I'm

guessing
they must be pretty simple).

Can anyone enlighten me on how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Charlie

PS I don't know if it is related but it did seem to tend to cut out

after
starting the moment I gave it any revs

Hi Charlie

sounds like damp in the electrics a few squirts of WD 40 or similar

product
should do the trick in the short term.I think as the machine is s'hand
getting it serviced would be a good idea,any faulty cables/wires will be
replaced.

richard