Old 04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Bob Walsh

I have read that some studies have been done that show that humidity trays
are ineffective more than an inch or two above the tray. If you have a fan
going for air circulation, which is perhaps more important for your orchids,
the tray is probably less effective.

A better way to supply humidity around your orchids (and justify more
purchases to support your addiction) is to have more orchids around them as
the plants give off moisture themselves.

bob
wrote in message
I use a tray (of just about any kind) underneath my orchids to hold
water with a grid of some kind on top. I mist now and then - mostly
when I see dust and then wipe off with a cotton ball - works
good.....Burr