Old 05-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Stephen Williams

Default Clematis Pruning

Hi all,

Two questions - both with the same requirement.

1. I have a 9 year old Montana (don't know the name) that is starting to out
grow it's allotted space. I know it's a "lightly" prune clematis, but how
hard can I prune it and still get it to flower next year?

2. I have a 15 year old Nelly Moser that is currently flowering it's heart
out, but it is also tangled up with an Ivy that has broken the glass in the
greenhouse. The ivy has to go so that I can replace the glass, but this
means that I have to be brutal to the Nelly Moser - how hard can I prune
this without doing too much damage?

Thanks
Steve