Old 17-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Simon Avery

Default electric shock from my strimmer

"William Tasso" wrote:

Hello William

Thanks Richard, that is highly likely as I was using it in
the driving rain

WT Don't do that - it almost certainly has this advice in the
WT operating manual.

Many of the newer strimmers have the engine encased in plastic (Husqy,
Jonsered, some Echos I think) and are quite happy running in the rain.

Come to think of it though, I've used all sorts in all weathers, even
back to a heavy four-stroke strimmer with pivoted engine. Never had
any problems with 'em, apart from rust.

Might be a problem with some designs if the air inlet is particularly
exposed, but it's a little-known fact that engines run better when
there is a high moisture content in the air.