Old 05-06-2005, 08:46 PM
keith ;-\)

If you are just potting on into a larger pot they should be o.k.If you are
dividing /trimming roots etc I would leave them until they have
flowered,best when the new growths are emerging so you know there will be
good root activity so the plant isn't sitting in new bark and not growing.

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.
"OrchidKitty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have several recently acquired catts in sheath (nothing in the
sheaths yet), and I'd like to repot the plants and put them outside for
the summer. Is it safe to repot them when they are in the "early
sheath" stage? The media isn't totally toast, but it's disintegrating.
If it is safe to repot them now, should I stick to the same bark media
they're in, or can I switch to semi-hydro without sending them into
shock? Thanks for any input.