Old 06-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Jim Lewis

Kitsune Miko wrote:
I believe it was Miss Piggy that said, Never eat
anything bigger than your head.

Collecting from the wild has similar connotations.
Can you take care of what you collect? Will it grow
well in your area? It is a little less traumatic than
collecting say a baby skunk, but you (in my book)
still have a responsibility to any living thing in
your care. I have been to Colorado. I looked, I
enjoyed, I left things were they were.

And Dan said:

If you don't think you can keep it alive or get it out of
the ground or rocks with most of it's roots, please don't
bother trying to collect it. Don't be responsible for
killing an old tree just to "give it a try."

To which I add, and be certain you have permission to
collect from the owner of the land on which the tree is
growing, whether that owner be an individual, a business, a
local government, state government, or the federal government.

An aside: We'll probably never know what he decides.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++