Old 06-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Stubby

Bourne Identity wrote:
I also posted this to austin.gardens and someone came back with possible gray
fox, which it seems to be. Anyone with info, how you got rid of, or if it's
okay to let them live on the property, etc...would be appreciated.

For several nights my husband has been seeing two animals. One larger than the
other, the larger being about a third larger than the smaller. I got to see it
tonight on the fence. It had a long, bushy tail, beautiful detail and smooth.
I didn't see the color as it was too dark and the flashlight didn't do it.

When it finally ran off it made a sound like a gravelly roar, not a screech. I
found something which sounds very much like what I heard:

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/...s/FoxChirp.wav

I looked at the Texas Parks and Wildlife website, but all they list is one kind
of fox, and it is not supposed to live this far east in Texas. However, it is
listed as living in open prairie, short and tall grass. Recently, on SH-79 they
have literally removed hundreds of acres to build a new Walmart, an HEB going
in, and tons of those shit bag houses that all look exactly alike, all three
feet from the other.

I did see a rabbit the other day for a few days and now it is not here any
more. Coincidence? I also have not seen near as many lizards as I normally
see. I can count how many I've seen this year, as opposed to every other year
seeing many dozens daily.

We saw a fox this year in MA. It trotted up the driveway and across the
back yard to the woods.

Several years ago there was a "mother" fox and two little ones. They
were around for over a week and I put out a few cans of cat food for
them. (Our cat wasn't very interested in going out!). We found two
squirrel carcasses out front one morning but they were gone by the
afternoon. I think Mama fox killed them for the two little ones.

They eventually left, but there are many reports of foxes in this area.
Maybe we're encroaching on their turf.