Old 05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Gary Woods

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

Love the virtual tours on the lake, I assume this is something like a
paddle boat that you move by pedaling like a bike?

Exactly..... we'd wanted one for some time, but they were either way
expensive or had a weight limit less than, well, me. This one is molded
plastic, quite durable, and seats two real adults and a couple of
six-packs. Under $500 a few years back.

And I'm in awe of Ruth who "only" biked 50 miles, not to mention the
100-mile charity racers. Wow! My country road is on the route of a local
club, so I sometimes see schools of bikers go by, toiling uphill. They get
all that energy investment back, though, a quarter mile up at the top of
the hill.

Back out to the garden... there are bean teepees to erect, and then water
lilies to contemplate.

Peace,