Old 05-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Bonnie NJ

Hi Ruth,
Glad to hear that you were able to capture your turtle!
Your bike ride sounded very enjoyable and probably much more relaxing than
my sisters. This is her first big race with so many other racers. She's
riden in races at Lewisburg, Williamsport and Hershey but they were much
smaller groups and not quite as long. I'm very eager to hear from her about
her adventure. She's no youngster - she's 54.

--
Bonnie
NJ
I biked only half that distance today, but I saw a deer and her tiny
new, but very lively kid hop across the road in the gamelands, plus a
hundred little ducks and goslings in a pond near a farm, plenty of redwing
blackbirds and goldfinches. All in all, a lovely day. Quite different
from yesterday, when I thought it would be a pleasant idea to take
*Donna,* my big red eared slider out for a little field-trip. I put her
on the grass and she dashed over to the pond, as expected, but she stirred
it up enough so I couldn't see her. I thought the koi would give me a
clue, but they didn't. Six hours of pacing the edge with my net uselessly
in hand, wondering how people cope with the loss of their two-legged,
two-armed, four foot high lost ones when I'm pre-grieving over the
possible disappearance of my 10 inch leg-less 4 flappered little critter
before, finally, the red stripe and pointy nose surfaced and I netted the
baaaad turtle.

Ruth Kazez