Old 05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Raleighgirl

Default goundcover

Hi all.
I hope you're having as much fun gardening as I am! I laid in a
new garden, this time one large enough to include several trees.
Nice for something different. I think it will take several years
to fill this one.

Anyway, I have a problem area I need help with. We have an area
(about 10x30), under trees, that stays damp. It's in a natural
area but I don't want to cover the dampness with mulch.
Oftentimes, out here in the "country," many groundcovers
(pachysandra, periwinkle) seem snake-y. I tried some of the
plants (forgot the name) with heartshaped, red rimmed leaves,
white flowers and spreads like wildfire; I like it but it's too
tall. Any ideas?

As always, thanks in advance.

Raleighgirl