Old 06-06-2005, 04:43 AM
karen

I did see a rabbit the other day for a few days and now it is not here
any
more. Coincidence? I also have not seen near as many lizards as I
normally
see. I can count how many I've seen this year, as opposed to every
other year
seeing many dozens daily.

So, do we have any Master Naturalists out there?

Victoria

Hello Victoria,

This site, which is not working for me now, maybe helpful to you if you
can get it: http://www.canids.org/SPPACCTS/greyfox.htm#Habitat

If not, if you google grey fox you'll find plenty of information. It
does appear that they do live in Texas.

Just a warning, be very careful if you have small pets that you let
outside. There was a lot in the news in Denver about cats being gutted
and their bodies being left near their homes. Since this was done so
precisely, it was feared that
this was done by a satanic cult or something. Later, it was decided
that foxes did it. I live within 10 minutes of downtown Denver and
have seen foxes in my neighborhood many times. You can bet I keep a
close eye on my cats!

As for gardening, I put in some bleeding hearts, Canterbury bells and a
Veronica today and it seems that the garden is finally coming together
after being "downsized" by putting up a new garage last fall. It used
to be postage stamp-sized, but now it's no more than a 2 cent stamp. I
did put in one large cherry tomato plant in a container and will try to
grow a regular tomato plant in a larger container, but no more of much
of a garden for me anymore. I do have herbs growing on the south side
of the house on a narrow strip, thyme, lemon thyme, French tarragon,
Russian tarragon (nasty pestilence that one is) oregano and mint. I
planted a new chive plant and planted some dill seeds which I fear
might not come up; they didn't come up last year, either, and dill
used to grow in that area. Bought a lovely teak table today (at a
great price) for the patio and it's starting to look good. It looked
like a construction zone for a long time.