Old 06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Ray

Assuming you're talking about indoor acrylic latex paints, the primary VOC
coming off is ammonia, which could actually be used by the plant (note that
I said could, not would or should). Granted, there are other things coming
off - water is most of the volume, and there may be lots of other stuff as
well, which can very by color - but it's not likely an issue.

"Sinister" wrote in message
. ..
I have recently painted my room and the fumes are just barely lingering. I
have a total of five orchids that call that particular room home and it
occurred to me as I moved them to a seperate room that a relative of mine
recently painted their entire house without moving an orchid. None of
their orchids died per se, but then again they weren't in bloom either so I
don't know what the damage would be to the blooms. Probably blast them.

But I was wondering does anyone here know the effects of paint fumes on
orchids? Just out of curiosity.

-Sin (asking dumb questions again...)