Old 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Jo Trojer

I am just being realistic Jim! IMO it is the same as getting a parking ticket! Sometimes you take a chance and if you get caught you pay a fine. If it is private property then it is easy, you go to the owner and ask but when it comes to government owned property (not a protected area or plant) then going through the bureaucratic BS is more often than not, not worth the trouble! I bet there are loads on this list that have gone for a walk and saw a beauty and instead of going through all the channels have taken it home…. Just IMHO. Kick me off the list if you must but freedom of speech is supposed to be a right to all, or am I being too radical?

BTW, I guess in America you have such a “police state” that the fear of the authorities are deeply embedded in your sub-conscious.

PS: Coaching my or any other rugby team, you test the referee by bending/breaking the laws of the game and if the referee penalizes you for being off-side then you stop going off-side, same with many other laws the referee is supposed to look at and after a few minutes the team can then play to the referee and thus get an edge in the match! I am also a qualified referee and know that teams do this, that is why I am very strict at the start and after a few penalties they start playing to the laws.

Jo

Von: Jim Lewis

wrote:
Or, just don't get caught! And if you do, pay the fine )

Jo

Are you REALLY encouraging someone to take a criminal
action? Is that what you teach your team?

Nice guy!

Just FYI, but if I were still managing the list, you'd now
be off it.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - IBC
list manager emeritus