Old 06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Bob Hobden

Andrew wrote..
Finally got out into the garden today after a week of rain to find that
many of my garlic plants are developing buds, which I assume means that
they are about to flower and then 'bolt'?

Is this correct, and if so what should I do? Do I remove the 'buds', as I
would with onions, or dig them up now or leave them in the ground?

Any advice gratefully received!

Some Garlic does that as a matter of course, you can cut the flower heads
off if you want to but it doesn't seem to make much difference to the crop.
It's not like onions, you won't get a big "pipe" right through the middle.
Don't worry about it.

--
Regards
Bob