Old 06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Peter Donovan

Hi, I am growing Garlic for the first time.The variaty being Solent Wright
No problems as such ,but some of the leaves are blotched with what seems
like rust.I know that this rare disease affects leeks but not Garlic I have
a great crop of onions on the allotment just ripening (no problem with
rust)I have some hardnecked Italian garlic seeding as discribed cut them out
..This Variaty has no rust any ideas
Thanks
"ajr" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Finally got out into the garden today after a week of rain to find that
many of my garlic plants are developing buds, which I assume means that
they are about to flower and then 'bolt'?

Is this correct, and if so what should I do? Do I remove the 'buds', as I
would with onions, or dig them up now or leave them in the ground?

Any advice gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Andrew