Old 19-10-2002, 09:46 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Hey man, blue grass - advice?

In article ,
JennyC wrote:

"Lynda Thornton" wrote
Nick Maclaren writes
Festuca ovina "glauca". PRECISELY what you are asking for :-)

Actually - one question - the area I'm thinking of, the bottom of

the
garden, is actually rather shady. Will this grass find shady

conditions
difficult or will it manage?

Sun , sun and more sun are whta it likes. All grey leaves plants love

Unfortunately, yes. If grown in dry shade, it will live, but will
not colour up well - it goes greenish every winter.

The main exception to grey leaved plants needing sun that I know
of is Jackman's Blue rue. While it loves sun and drought, it will
survive in light shade.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679